Landline or internet? Choose wisely.
1. Having to choose between using the phone or using the internet.
2. Coming home from school and talking on the phone with your BFF and having your mom take it away mid-gossip.
Unlike the current WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, Facebook, Hike generation.
3. Worse still, having a family member eavesdrop on your calls because of parallel lines.
4. Having to go to music stores and buy an entire album to listen to your favourite song.
The only MP3 player we knew was called the Walkman.
5. These brats today don't the complicated relationship between these two.
We didn’t have play on repeat. We had manual labour. You’ll never know!
6. Borrowing/buying books and comics from the school library/friends was the only way to read.
Screw you and reading on your fancy iPads.
7. Maintaining a book where you wrote down the lyrics to your favourite songs after having listened to them over fifty times.
We were hard workers who lived without googling every little thing. *smh*
8. Having to depend on TV channels to watch reruns of your favourite shows.
9. Having to check the newspaper TV section to see if anything interesting would be telecast every. Single. Day.
11. Having to rent CDs and CD players to watch movies.
The technological struggle that went into plugging the player to your ancient TV set was real.
12. Flipping through Yellow Pages to find the number of the place you wanted to call.
Which you gave up midway for the fear of tearing the damn book apart.
13. Taking pictures on a film camera and be able to take only 36 of them.
Then having to pay to the photo studio to see that 35 of them turned out blurred.
14. Oh, the trouble of going to an "STD. ISD. PCO" booth to call your family abroad.
15. Having to ask teachers and your parents for answers and not Google.
16. Having to give your message to a real person on the phone to send a message to your dad's Pager.
17. Having to go to a cyber cafe to use internet.
Sometimes returning home because teenage boys wouldn’t stop playing Counter Strike on it.
18. Trying to pass your time by looking at this screen when the cable conked out on you.
Oh look at that TV rainbow. Still better than doing homework.
19. Having to fit your message in under 160 characters to send an SMS.
20. Having to watch Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi because it was either that or doing homework.
Unlike todays kids who just watch everything on their laptops, ugh.
21. Waiting all day for a song to download on LimeWire and having it turn out to be a troll file.
As opposed to torrentz-ing everything.
22. Having to save your data on multiple floppy disks.
And ultimately losing them.